When you step onto someone else's property, whether a friend's, family member's, a business's or a municipal government's, the property owner has a duty to make sure the premises is free of hazards that could cause you harm. Slip-and-fall accidents may seem minor, but they can lead to serious medical problems.
If you slip and fall and hurt yourself due to a wet floor, broken pavement, spills, dangerous stairs, bad lighting, broken glass or other unsafe conditions, you need lawyers on your side who know how to be aggressive when going up against insurance companies and their lawyers. Contact Barnes & Cohen today in Jacksonville, Florida, for the representation you deserve.
What Should You Do If You Trip And Fall?
In the immediate aftermath of your accident, there are important steps that you must take. Those include:
- Seeking medical attention and making sure that your doctor documents everything.
- Reporting the incident to someone in charge, like a manager, and asking him or her to make a report of your accident.
- Taking pictures of the scene if you are able to, including photos of any video cameras that could possibly show your fall. It is likely that the business will work quickly to fix or clean up evidence of the safety hazard.
- Speaking with witnesses and collecting their contact information.
- Don't give a statement to an insurance company or investigator without your attorney present.
As our client, you will have the advantage of working with attorneys who have an address book full of doctors and medical experts across the United States who will work with us to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. As experienced trial lawyers, we know what it takes to be successful in these matters, and we will do everything we can to get justice for you.
Do Not Trust A Business Or Its Insurance Company To Keep Your Best Interests At Heart
Contact Barnes & Cohen as soon as possible before speaking with an insurance adjuster, who will attempt to get you to make statements that may help the insurance company argue that you were at fault. Come to our law firm for a free consultation, where we can inform you of your legal rights and tell you what you need to do to pursue compensation for your injuries. We also offer home and hospital visits! Hablamos español.