Child Dies in a tragic accident, is it due to negligence. A typical Saturday afternoon trip to Bruster's Ice Cream Shop in Auburn, Alabama turned tragic for one family as their three year old child fell into a grease trap. Sadie Grace Andrews was playing outside the ice cream shop with her 5 siblings after she finished her ice cream. In a moments time her parents realized the toddler was missing. A quick glance around the area where Sadie and her siblings were playing their first thought was the missing toddler must have been abduct...ed. Police were called as Sadie's family continued to search the area. Her father noticed pipes sticking out of the ground and the lid on the grease trap was unsecured. As he lifted the lid he immediately noticed what looked like the Alabama Crimson Tide T-shirt Sadie was wearing that day. They pulled her out and started CPR until paramedics arrived. Sadie was transported to a hospital but efforts to revive her were unsuccessful. The grease trap was 6 feet underground located in a grassy area near picnic tables where children often eat ice cream and play. The grease pit that claimed the life of Sadie Grace Andrews was not locked or secured, located underground it was 6 feet deep and around 2 feet wide. Surveillance video from the ice cream shop showed Sadie stepped on the lid it flipped open, she slid in and the lid flipped upside down covering the grease pit, trapping Sadie and covering the grease she was drowning in from her parents view. Business owners are responsible for keeping premises free of hazards that could cause you harm. You have a right to expect you and your family will be safe from reasonable harm when you are on business property. Business owners should inspect their establishment throughout the day or have a trusted responsible employee inspect areas for danger. Obviously, the business owner never meant for this to happen but we only hope this tragic accident will be a reminder to every business owner to make sure they have safe guards in place and responsible employees that will double check hazards of this magnitude.